Carlos Alcaraz will aim to reinforce his status as the new all-court monarch of men's tennis with a third successive Wimbledon title
Seven months after the last French Open ended the tournament is back, boosted by the prospect of more spectators despite ongoing COVID-19 restrictions and forecasts of good weather.
Novak Djokovic says he is still hunting more career milestones as he prepares for his 20th Wimbledon bidding to match Roger Federer's record of eight men's singles titles.
Wimbledon officials on Tuesday said they are continuing plans for the grasscourt major to start on June 29 as scheduled even though French Open organisers postponed the claycourt Grand Slam to September due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Former world number one Serena Williams will not be seeded at this year's French Open, according to the organisers of the May 27-June 10 claycourt Grand Slam.
On Monday, the Polish eighth seed found her grasscourt wings to fly into the Wimbledon quarter-finals with a soaring 6-4, 6-1 victory over Danish 23rd seed Clara Tauson.
Between them, Alcaraz and Sinner have shared the last six Grand Slam titles and their mesmeric clash last month in the longest-ever French Open final is being touted as one of the greatest of all time.
The president of the French tennis federation (FFT) said he had a moral responsibility to deny Maria Sharapova a wildcard invitation to this month's French Open as the sport continues its fight against doping.
...And Alcaraz continues hat-trick quest
Carlos Alcaraz said he could hold his head high despite being unseated from his Wimbledon throne by Jannik Sinner on Sunday and the Spaniard praised their hot rivalry for being several notches higher than the others on the men's tour.
Images from Day 2 of the French Open matches played at Roland Garros on Monday
Tennis fans expressed frustration that the players weren't getting better crowds.
FFT President Gilles Moretton said that the one-week postponement will give the health situation more time to improve and optimise the chances of welcoming spectators at Roland-Garros.
Spain's Rafa Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz will team up to play doubles at this year's Olympic Games in Paris, the Royal Spanish Tennis Federation (RFET) said on Wednesday.
Maria Sharapova can rise above the furore surrounding her return from a 15-month doping ban if she accepts the decision to deny her a wild card entry to the French Open without rancour, former world number three Pam Shriver has said.
Italy's Jannik Sinner lost both his previous Wimbledon duels with Novak Djokovic but turned the tables in emphatic fashion as his power and precision proved too much for the seven-time champion who, at 38, looked every bit his age in a humbling 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 loss.
Sinner prepares for sleepless night after dramatic loss to Alcaraz at French Open
A statement from the French Tennis Federation on Thursday confirmed the U-turn by the 39-year-old who had been named in June to become the first woman to captain the French team.
Federer decided to end his Roland Garros campaign on Sunday, a day after winning a gruelling third-round match against Dominik Koepfer.
The following are five contenders for the men's title at Wimbledon, which begins on Monday.
The mother of one arrived at the 2019 French Open making another fashion statement
The 20-times Grand Slam champion suggested after the third-round clash which ended past midnight that he could preserve himself for Wimbledon which begins on June 28.
Factbox on Carlos Alcaraz, who beat Alexander Zverev
Former world number one Victoria Azarenka criticised French Open organisers on Sunday for scheduling men's matches in all but one of the night slots so far this year.
She should win her place thanks to good results, says Radwanska
The 30-year-old Russian, who made her comeback last month after serving a suspension following a positive test for heart drug meldonium at last year's Australian Open, had hoped for a favour from the French Tennis Federation (FFT) because her ranking, currently 211, does not warrant an automatic place.
The French Open witnessed a stunning upset on its very first day as 18-year-old Anastasia Potapova outclassed Angelique Kerber 6-4, 6-2 in the first round match on Sunday.
'The conventional view is that it's the women who are being provocative and drawing attention to themselves. Has anyone considered the alternative view?' asks Kanika Datta.
Becker backed the idea of merging the ATP and the WTA and said the ongoing pause is an opportunity for the sport's stakeholders to work together.
Kubica won the race in his fifth attempt, his first three in the second tier LMP2 category, to become Poland's first overall winner since Le Mans was first staged in 1923.
"Regrettably, I've decided not to participate in the French Open," Federer said on his Facebook page on Monday.
Wimbledon organisers will announce the cancellation of the grasscourt Grand Slam this week due to the coronavirus pandemic, German Tennis Federation (DTB) vice-president Dirk Hordorff told Sky Sports. All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) officials earlier said the June 29-July 12 event would not be played behind closed doors and postponement was not without significant risk and difficulty.
Newly-elected president of the French Tennis Federation (FFT), Bernard Giudicelli, has indicated that they are reluctant to hand Maria Sharapova a wild card entry for this year's Grand Slam tournament despite the embattled Russian tennis star returning from a doping ban.
Marin Cilic had never beaten a Top-5 player on grass in his entire career before Thursday.
The women's seedings at Wimbledon usually follow the WTA rankings list but can be tweaked by the All England Club in special circumstances.
Carlos Alcaraz completed a thrilling comeback to capture his fifth Grand Slam title at the French Open on Sunday, drawing level with his childhood idol Rafael Nadal's tally at the same age.
'The Roland Garros tournament directors can confirm that two players competing in the qualifying tournament have tested positive for COVID-19 and three others have confirmed close contact with a coach who has tested positive for COVID-19.'
Daniil Medvedev said he was enjoying his growing rivalry with world number one Jannik Sinner despite coming out on the wrong end of the scoreline
Three-time champion Novak Djokovic battled past Frenchman Corentin Moutet in a match that lasted more than three hours on Thursday.
Novak Djokovic battled from a set down to clinch his 100th tour-level title by beating Polish sixth seed Hubert Hurkacz 5-7, 7-6(2), 7-6(2) at the Geneva Open on Saturday.